• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Make your voice heard!

Darky

NAXJA Forum User
BLM is having a meeting at their Barstow office September 27 from 6:30 pm. - 9:30 pm. to discuss the posting of open route signs thru out So Cal....A good opportunity to have our voices heard, questions answered.

I'm definitely going to try to be there. barstow isn't too far for most of us, and I'm giving you guys 8 days notice, I expect to see some of you there!

Justin do you have a link with more information?

Excellent, I was searching google trying to find a link. A friend posted it on a local club's FB page.

I'll repost this info there so they're all in the loop.

Damn those are far away. :flamemad:

I'd like to go to the Thursday night meeting in Barstow but I would have to play hookey from class.

Same deal for me. I might do it anyways. Next month is World Music...somehow I think I'll be ok if I miss one...:D

may have to ditch out of work an hour early and head up there.

cracker and karstic can carpool with me..

I'll check what is on the syllabus and let you know.

I know the BLM has been working on a Designated Vehicle Route network for awhile now but this is the first time I've seen this in "print"

http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/cdd/west_mojave__wemo/wemo_maps.html

Motorized use is permitted only on routes signed "Open." Any route that does not have an "Open" sign is not legal for motorized use. Motorized use of any closed route will result in a fine or criminal prosecution.

I wonder then, if they plan on signing open all currently used routes...This could be either a good thing, we can drive the trails without question of whether it's open, or they only mark a certain few open and we lose a bunch...

Darn, so close. I'll be going through Ridgecrest on Sunday, the 25th. Sure wish I could extend a couple of days.

David Bricker / SYR

Cal are you still planning on going to this?

I have to work Thursday. We could try and make ridgecrest tonight, but we'd have to leave at like 3?

Or I can move my work to tonight, and we can go Thursday. You pick.

Back