• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

just shackles or shackle reloaction to gain height?

rmonte4812

NAXJA Forum User
Ive got a 98 with a RC 4 1/2 inch lift and im looking to gain about 1 to 1 1/2 of lift. I'm wondering what would be the best route to go. Does a better angle equal a better ride and better flex? Any thoughts? thanks

the relocation, depending on angle, will give you about 3/4" lift in the rear. If you get a lift shackle, it will give you the advertised lift as well. If you decide to do both, it will give you the best amount of flex.

I have the HD offroad kit that i'm selling off my rig if you're interested. it's been massaged a bit but it'll work just fine.

Danny.

Yes, better angle (45* ideally) = better flex and ride quality. I had a 6" shackle (standing vertically) and switched to the HD Offroad bracket and a stock shackle and it rides and flexes well and I kept the same ride height.

So should I do the relocation and extended shackles? Along with a better ride I'd like to get about and inch of lift.
My wife has now figured out what JEEP really stands for.

You could always go with some longer boomerang shackles to help your shackle angle. Otherwise I would go with HDO relocation and an MJ shackle. That should get you about the height you need with a decent angle.

You could always go with some longer boomerang shackles to help your shackle angle. Otherwise I would go with HDO relocation and an MJ shackle. That should get you about the height you need with a decent angle.

A boomerang shackle will not do anything for the angle issue,shape doesn't matter,the angle is measured "bolt hole to bolt hole"

I've had a 2" lift shackle & didnt like it... I bought the shackle brackets & initially had the 2" shackle - ended up switching to a 1" jks shackle.

I think the brackets are a good buy no matter what due to the fact you can make all sorts of bastard packs using various Junk Yard leafs... Saves you a ton of cashola when playing around with lift.

Back