• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OBD-II software for laptop

XJensen

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone use or know of a decent OBD-II software and/or dongle? I want to monitor sensors showing live data. There are a ton of cheap options out there but do any of them really work?

Josh

I have used ross-tech (.com) mostly for Euro vehicles. I know you can pull codes and such for pretty much and OBDII vehicle not sure about real time tho.
Torque and or A-car for android phones.

Check out scantool.net.

I am running their stuff and it works as advertised. The software is Palmer Performance Engineering but you need a box to translate the OBDII data to serial the laptop can read.

The last update on the referenced thread was quite a while ago. Anyone running OBD-II software on Windows 7? Also can you view I/M readiness flags, pending codes, and active codes? I hate the fact that big brother looks at my car's computer every year. I scan it at work ahead of time to make sure he sees what he needs to see. I hate surprises at inspection.

Back