• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help, Shocks/U-bolt size/Etc

jeepboy12001

NAXJA Forum User
Hello,

I am attempting to try and finish my xj. I need a handful of things to get it going again.

Bought an xj dana 44 which I need ubolts for. Does anyone have a good source for these? Or should i just go to the dealer? No lift blocks.

I am also trying to choose shocks. Are the 7100 and 9100 bilstein really that much better than the 5150's? I am not doing any desert prerunning or anything but they are just so cool looking.

I also need help on shock length, which I know varies between builds and such but a ball park would help. when i get my new gears installed i plan to have the shock mounts shortened on the rear.

Limit straps...where to buy and what length.

Specs:
tnt ylink
RE 7.5 coils
no spacers

6" big offroad/alcan flex packs(yes i understand now its too much lift)
hd eng shackle boxes
havent chosen shackles yet, need those too.

going to run 35" tires.

Also am I going to have to install all this stuff and then determine my rear pinion angle to see if I need a degree shim or not? There was one on my old springs(alcan 4.5"). Those had a 1 inch block and chevy shackles.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, this thing has been sitting for like 3 years now while i slowly piece things together.

Oh and I do mild to moderate rock crawling, katemcy tx type stuff, but would really like to take it on a trek to colorado.

Thanks

Alan

For shocks: stuff a tire in the wheel well then measure the length of compressed shock you need. Go to the other side and measure the length of extended shock you need.

Do the same thing for limit straps but measure from where you plan to mount them.

For a D44 you need a 2.75" diameter u-bolt. Go search online and you will find them.

Find Dan from RuffStuff in the vendor forum for the U-Bolts and matching spring top plates. They are way overkill, but the price is good and you'll never have to worry about them.

Back