• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody seen any WJ's in yards lately?

I know the pick a part off of pyrite and the 60fwy typically always has newer models but charges you for every nut and bolt. I've never had any luck at milliken pick a part with finding newer vehicles. I have called pyrite before and they transfered me to someone who knows there invetory/pulls parts and then sells them. If I remember right they prices for the wj knuckles and brakes weren't too bad but still pricey. Good luck.

PLEASE shoot me a PM if you find a V8 WJ wherever you go. (assuming the tranny is still in it. I'm still on the hunt for that stupid solenoid. Both ebay ones I tried to buy were scams and there is still no way I can afford the dealer cost right now. In fact, if you find one and have a moment call me on the spot at (909) 238-3333.-Brad.

Well, miliken does the same thing if you're not mexican. They list their prices at around 25 per spindle and 25 per caliper. I'm really only looking for spindle/caliper bracket, I can get new calipers. I'll check the one on pyrite first then. Thanks!

I can tell you that as a Mexican, I get charged for every nut and bolt. Maybe i need to look more indigenous to get the super good discounts.

Come 'on man, I said Mexican, not a hipster mexican! I have a buddy, who's pretty dark skinned mexican, and when he goes, if he checks out, gets better prices. BULLSHIT I TELL YOU!!!

Yeah, i think they see right through me. :(

I even try speaking es-panish and i get nada. Maybe if i show up with a leaf blower and a mexi-mustache. :p

Sombrero.

Yeah, i think they see right through me. :(

I even try speaking es-panish and i get nada. Maybe if i show up with a leaf blower and a mexi-mustache. :p

It's a dead give away when you show up to the counter with a axle or something similar instead of a door panel off an '87 Dodge Caravan and a set of bald tires.

I got in an 5 minute arguement last weekend about them charging me for a spindle as part of a disc brake set when it clearly was not. I lost.

It's a dead give away when you show up to the counter with a axle or something similar instead of a door panel off an '87 Dodge Caravan and a set of bald tires.

I got in an 5 minute arguement last weekend about them charging me for a spindle as part of a disc brake set when it clearly was not. I lost.

I went to the JY on Alameda & Firestone and the douche clerk tried to tell me that the backing plates on a ford 8.8 were 2 pieces. WTF! Its all one cast piece! A-hole charges me for the springs and e-brake pads as well. All in all i paid 100 bux for all of the disk brake parts i needed for my dana 60 axle build. Im sure it would have been way less had he not nickle and dime'd me. What makes it worse is that dude was a mexiXXXX. Funny thing is when i went up to the window they told me a complete axle out the door would be 80 dollars. Yeah right, i bet when i pull it and i get to the window its more like 200. Bastards!

I went to the JY on Alameda & Firestone and the douche clerk tried to tell me that the backing plates on a ford 8.8 were 2 pieces. WTF! Its all one cast piece! A-hole charges me for the springs and e-brake pads as well. All in all i paid 100 bux for all of the disk brake parts i needed for my dana 60 axle build. Im sure it would have been way less had he not nickle and dime'd me. What makes it worse is that dude was a mexiXXXX. Funny thing is when i went up to the window they told me a complete axle out the door would be 80 dollars. Yeah right, i bet when i pull it and i get to the window its more like 200. Bastards!

Thats how I got "banned" from the Santa Paula Yard, at the gate they told me it was a half off day and then pull the axle and lug it to the front and they say they never do half off days. I was pissed! Lets just say they ended up having a axle fall to the ground in the middle of the checkout line. As I walked out they said I was banned, I yelled back "don't worry I don't want to come back"! haha

man you guys have had pretty bad luck at JYs. i've had pretty good experience with prices and such, only time i felt over charged was at the PAP off pyrite on a half day, but it wasn't that bad. theres a white guy cashier at the Milliken PAP so i tend to go for his line and get decent prices :D

Thats how I got "banned" from the Santa Paula Yard, at the gate they told me it was a half off day and then pull the axle and lug it to the front and they say they never do half off days. I was pissed! Lets just say they ended up having a axle fall to the ground in the middle of the checkout line. As I walked out they said I was banned, I yelled back "don't worry I don't want to come back"! haha

Yeah, I'd be pissed if i thought i was getting an axle for half off and they changed the prices.

Yeah, I'd be pissed if i thought i was getting an axle for half off and they changed the prices.

Yea not only did they lie about the sale they told me over the phone a completely different price. on the phone it would be like $90 out the door and in person they wanted like $350.

man you guys have had pretty bad luck at JYs. i've had pretty good experience with prices and such, only time i felt over charged was at the PAP off pyrite on a half day, but it wasn't that bad. theres a white guy cashier at the Milliken PAP so i tend to go for his line and get decent prices :D

white older(50ish) guy?I have gotten him twice,and both times I walked out of there without my wallet feeling completely empty.

Let us know if you have any luck locating any wj's. I would like to start collecting parts for the front brake upgrade. I already have the booster and mc from the wj installed.

Back