• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yucca Valley Old Car show

Darky

NAXJA Forum User
This past weekend, I noticed a car show in town on Sunday. So, of course, I had to stop by and look at all the shinies...:D Pics to follow.

Sorry, pics took forever to upload...93 pics in total. :D I'll post the highlights here and give a link to the album.
carshowstormyskies049.jpg

Real nice 1960 Jaguar Mark IX, not a perfect restoration (repainted Olde English White from, I think, black and reupholstered interior in Wedgewood Blue from white, but the results are still gorgeous.
carshowstormyskies050.jpg

Leaper comin right for ya!
carshowstormyskies057.jpg

Think many were chauffeured? Seatback trays for the back seat.

Last edited:
carshowstormyskies028.jpg

Rat Rod on semi wheels and tires with a dually rear end...lots of neat details on this one
carshowstormyskies032.jpg

Like the rebar windows and the exposed transmission on the floor.
carshowstormyskies029.jpg

And the pith helmet aircleaner

carshowstormyskies005.jpg

Classic firetruck
carshowstormyskies003.jpg

Flanked by a modern replica of a fire chief car, decorated in honor of the 9/11 fire fighters, police and rescue workers who died that day.
carshowstormyskies106.jpg

The names of all of them are across the trunklid.

carshowstormyskies012.jpg

Bel Air convertible reflected in the hub cap of a beautiful Impala
carshowstormyskies010.jpg

Impala

Good looking cars, although personally I'm a fan of the muscle car era, particularly late 60s, early 70s. Was hoping to see more of them, but still good looking cars

Like this guy?
carshowstormyskies016.jpg

carshowstormyskies014.jpg

carshowstormyskies015.jpg

Somehow I managed not to take an actual pic of the Nova SS
carshowstormyskies022.jpg

carshowstormyskies021.jpg

This was a nice Fairlane
carshowstormyskies089.jpg

carshowstormyskies091.jpg

But those were about the only muscle cars in attendance.

Yeah, and there was very little Mopar love. There was a 49 Plymouth which was I think the only Mopar...

And bigger engines with bigger power.

My 455 is basically stock right now, but I'm saving my pennies for an edelbrock intake and 750 cfm carb.

I just passed a Fairlane 500 on the road ten minutes ago. I think a '60 or '61

Back