• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ride height question for the front end. Need just a quick opinion

willsmysticcobra

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Guys,
Recently I lifted my 99 sport with 3.5in leafs and 2in shackles in the rear, and 3in rusty's springs and 2in poly spacers in the front. I bought the kit used with the original owner claiming apx 4k miles on them so the kit is broken in.

Now I kinda figured the back end would sit a wee bit higher, but it still has that muscle car "raked look" in the back. To remedy this, I am asking your opinion if I should take out the front 3in spring and replace it with a 4.5 in spring and run the 2in coil spacer with it, OR run just a 5.5 in spring with no spacer. Which would net me my desired leveled look AND/OR offer a good ride quality.

I appreciate your time and your opinions,

Will
303914_10150361064430926_576175925_10346190_876829449_n.jpg

296210_10150364825975926_576175925_10370998_758977625_n.jpg

Kinda hard to tell from those two pics but there is a decent frontward lean to it.

How much are you willing to spend on this? If a little bit, I recommend JKS ACOS in place of the spacers. It is an adjustable coil spacer with built in bumpstop. Not sure if sold yet, but Mike L in the SoCal chapter had a pair for sale.

I prefer it a little higher in the back unloaded. Once you load it up with camping/wheeling gear it will sit lower than the front.

I would go and get 4.5 and use a factory Isolator to bump it up 3/4 of an inch there like 10$ and dont clunk like the 2" poly spacers

My 2" spacer has never made a single noise and I don't even know how it would.

I prefer it a little higher in the back unloaded. Once you load it up with camping/wheeling gear it will sit lower than the front.

This. Mine was originally a little higher in the back as well. Once I got a tire carrier hanging off the back and threw all my tools and stuff in the cargo area, it came down quite a bit.

Back