• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hello! new guy here

JC93XJ

Sierra Chapter Director
NAXJA Member
Hey guys, thought i finally introduce myself. My name is Justin.

background I had a 90' suburban I built to the hilt and sold it a few years back. After i sold it i was looking to get a XJ always wanted one but couldn't find one that the seller didn't want a arm and leg for it. And at the time i needed a vehicle bad so i settled on a 96 Integra. it was great on gas but a car was not suited for me and I still wanted a XJ and most important to hit the trails again. I lucked out and blew out the motor in the integra after having it for a year. so as soon as the motor blew i was on the hunt for my XJ and lucked out again and Within a week of killing the integra, And finally found My XJ!!! its a 93' country

I haven't been able to get tear in to it but i've been collecting parts for it for the past year. When i built the Suburban, i went all out and bought mostly new parts expect for the the 14bolt FF which i got at the JY and The D60 that i scored from a member on ck5.com which I was a member on. after breaking the bank on the burban gears, lockers, stearing etc you guys know what i'm talking about lol

This time around I'm going the cheaper route and collecting parts from you guys on here :) thus far i picked up some 4.5 coils from caliXJ, some RE leafs from WebDog, adjustable lower control arms from alex21?, and a RE Extreme HD trackbar some black rock krawler rims from 2 members which i can't rmember as well sorry.

the plans are to build a weekend warrior But most important it still needs to be a daily driver and capable of hitting the trails as much as i can. I haven't hit the dirt in almost 4 years now yikes!!

so now im on the hunt for a c8.25.

pictures to follow...

IMG_2703.jpg

the old beast
1551466071_l.jpg

1tons, 4.56's 38"swampers, cross over steering, locked front and back etc......

Welcome to a new life of J.E.E.P. (Just emptying every pocket). As you probably have heard before on other boards to search first. Then ask if you can't find it. Most of the questions have been asked. IE What lifts will work for these tires. And what long arm brands are the best.

Haha, love that 'Burb! Welcome to Jeep. :)

Thanks man. I Sure miss the burb but not filling it up haha But that brub would go anywhere. Never had a problem wheeling it. One of the funniest trip was taking it up the miller jeep trail. Broken side Mirrors, slashed front tire and pealed rear diff cover but that was before the one ton build and everything else.

Anyways, thanks guys for the welcome. no silly questions from me. I'm all about the search button.

0127001754.jpg

heres what it looked like when i first got it. i pulled off the rest of the rubber crap that was on the lower portion of the XJ it was half missing. sanded it all down and painted it black. other that the its runs like a champ.

Looks like I'm picking up a D44 from wildman89 when he parts out his rig.

so next on the list is some shocks, brake lines (which I'll be ordering soon) and i should be ready to lift it up next month..

Back