• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Warn hub install problem

NJblackdeath4x4

NAXJA Forum User
I'm trying to install Warn manual locking hubs on my Waggy 44 and I can't figure out what's wrong.

The body of the locking hub won't slide in any farther than this
2011-09-09_12-36-46_707.jpg

On the installation guide it says I'm an idiot and can't line up one of the holes on the spindle nut washer with the little nipple on the inside spindle nut. I've checked and rechecked and checked again and they are indeed lined up.

It almost looks like there isn't enough room and the body of the locking hub is hitting the end of the spindle, keeping it from sliding in all the way and I don't know how to get around that.

Ideas?

I got my answer on Pirate...the locking hub was in all the way, I just had to push the shaft out from the u-joint to expose the snap ring groove.

Sounds stupid simple but it's just not something I thought about as I got more frustrated.

I'll leave this up so someone else can use it if they ever run into the same problem.

Doesn't sound stupid. I'm sure more run into that issue than one would think. It happened to me as well.

It gets more sticky than this. Some short shafts don't have the snap ring groove. I had a loud growling every once in a while when wheeling. As it turns out, the shaft can back out and rub the axle housing making a nasty noise.

It gets more sticky than this. Some short shafts don't have the snap ring groove. I had a loud growling every once in a while when wheeling. As it turns out, the shaft can back out and rub the axle housing making a nasty noise.

So you have hubs, but when you installed them, the axles didn't have snap ring grooves, and you were okay with that and just went riding?

Back