• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sloppy Steering

jro780

NAXJA Forum User
I've finally got my rig "done" and back on the trail. I ran Holy Cross and Chinaman's Gulch this week with no issues. However, I've noticed my steering is pretty sloppy on the road. I'm running 6" of lift in the form of the Rubicon Express 5.5 extreme duty lift with DPG springs and 3/4" Teraflex coil spacers. I"m currently running 32" BFGs on a locked Super 30.

My steering has quite a bit of play. I don't have any death wobble, but there seems to be a lot of wheel play even when I'm running straight down the highway. The only modification to my steering has been installing a pitman drop arm. Any suggestions on how to tighten up my setup? Currie Currectlync? Thank you.

It could also be your stock steering on 6" of lift...I would recommend a good aftermarket steering set up, and check your steering box. Mine is wore out to where straight ahead changes. It sits for now while I wait to afford a new steering box.

Stock steering on a long arm lift? At that height I would look into an over the knuckle one ton setup. I just did JCR's on my 4.5 inch Rock Krawler long arm setup and its been great so far, way better then a stock setup with regards to strength, clearance, and tie rod angles.

mine was sloppy from badly worn sway bar bushings and a lot of play in the the track bar mount.

I'm going to upgrade to an AGR Super Box and Super Pump. Any recommendations on the steering setup? Anyone used the Off Road Only U-turn steering setup?

Back