• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power outage!

Just watching this on the news. Looks like the outage is from south OC all the way down to the Mexican border. They had to shut down the San Onofre nuclear plant. No danger of a radiation leak though. The outage may last until tomorrow.

Last edited:
I'm out in North San Diego.

SDG&E is saying both high voltage transmission lines into the area were severed... I haven't seen anywhere where they are syaing why.

FBI says not a terrororist attack.

I don't think they mean physically severed. I think that they shut themselves down because of the loss of the Arizona grid they attached to.

But, honestly, I am not sure how it all works..

The streets are crazy over here right now, you can't get gas anywhere in town and one of the only places I seen with gas (food4less) was so packed the line was out the shopping center and on to the main street in both directions. Who wants to go looting? :D

Tone PS had power. It was just the east end of valley.IID and sandie and some of AZ.I just fired my gen and was back to cooling in no time.:)

This is gonna be me in a few hours, I'm getting my game face on now!

c345985b.jpg

LOL

It's not so bad... just finished watching the football game.

My neighbors and I were gathered around the lap-top in my driveway... little impromtu football party. And, of course with the fridge not running... we must drink all the beer tonight!!

LOL

It's not so bad... just finished watching the football game.

My neighbors and I were gathered around the lap-top in my driveway... little impromtu football party. And, of course with the fridge not running... we must drink all the beer tonight!!
still no power there? we got it back on over a hour ago.i would think you should have it soon.

Been home all day, untill the power went out... Then went to the gf's house in coachella cause her power was still on and I like to spoil myself :)

I find it odd that last night SDG&E said that the main voltage line were severed. And that was last night at 8 pm. Now at 6 am Fox 5 and some of the radio stations are saying a single person flipped a "switch". First does flipping a "switch" mean the same thing as sever a main line. So if I cut a persons arm off I can say I flipped a switch instead of severing his arm. This is just one way high officials are lying to us. We just have to look at all the small details. :soapbox:

Back