• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Offroad Expo

Full-Traction

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Guys, I'm new to the board, but have a question for the socal group.

I'm building up my 1990 MJ, All Original, Nice paint, nice interior.

Does this have a place at Off road expo? Does anyone want to see a nice built MJ other than myself? We are going back and forth at work if it should be in our booth or not.

What do you guys think?

I'm pretty sure anyone on here would like to see a really nice built MJ with Full Tractions latest goodies. I am running your 6" long arm kit and a few other parts from you guys and would like to see what you have available now. My set up is a few years old.

I'm pretty sure anyone on here would like to see a really nice built MJ with Full Tractions latest goodies. I am running your 6" long arm kit and a few other parts from you guys and would like to see what you have available now. My set up is a few years old.

We have bushing updates for your XJ kit. Stronger and quite. Stop by the booth.

We do have built XJ and ZJ that will be at the show :yelclap:

Last edited:

I updated the track bar bushing a few months back, but havn't updated any other bushings. Had to rebuild the lower arm joints because I didn't maintain them properly. Wont do that again.

I'm a little partial to MJs. ;) I'm planning to go to the expo on that Sunday.

I hate MJs.....well, just mine :gee:

Just do it.

You might as well, that way you can talk Johnny into a long arm kit for his MJ, that way his arms wont fall off on the trail...

Aww man, that hurt. :laugh: My uppers haven't fallen off since SoCal Fest. I put new grade 8s on with locking washers, nylocks, and loctite.

Is the bushing update a direct replacement?

Is the bushing update a direct replacement?
Yes and No,

It depends when your kit was built. We changed housing ID sizes in 2006-2007.

If you have lower control arm bushing numbers 2730 or if you have a Spanner joint in the lower control arm you can upgrade to the Clevite torsion rubber. (FB543 at your local auto parts store)

If you have 2668 or MO3515 this is a smaller ID bushing and you can only replace it with the poly bushings. However you can send us your lower control arms and we can upgrade them for $100.00. We cut the old housing off and weld on the bigger size OD housing.

The upper control arms are easy. Just buy the replacement FK heim housing and thread it on. Ths is the same style heim we have used on the TJ long arms for 8 years with great success.

299540_240871462614711_102854579749734_601758_6780973_n.jpg

Wow, what's the mileage again?

It has 180,000. I drove it home 900 miles this weekend from Portland. Runs great!!!

1990, Bucket seats, straight 6, 5 speed. 2wd.

6" long arm for sure. Also, 97+ front end/doors, etc. :D

I plan to keep this original. The interior is spotless, the paint has a few chips of course. It still has the factory fog lights with Jeep logo covers on them. I might even run the rims for awhile.

I am leaning towards the 6" kit, 33's. Eventually it will be converted to 4WD.

Last edited:
Back