• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for wide/floatation tires

Renegade XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, this is non-XJ but I dont know where else to post this. I got a pop-up trailer that Im building and it will be running 31's under it however Im trying to find the widest 31" tire possible to help keep the trailer from sinking in sandy and muddy situations. I know Mickey Thompson used to have a tire (I think it was the Baja Radial) that was a 32x14.50-15 and 31x12.50-15....that would be sweet. Im not too concerned about the tread pattern, just strong sidewalls and a width. 32's would be MAX I could go but I prefer 31's. So if anybody knows of a tire maker that makes a really wide 31" tire please post up because I cant find much.

Cool thanks for the info. The Micky Thompson I was looking for is actully called the Baja Belted. It's an old school offside tire that was excellent in the sand and they were very wide. Seems like they discontinued them though.

Those M/T Sportmans are drag-racing tires.... Not sure the sidewalks are going to hold up. ;)

I'm going to take a look into them BFG's, haven't had much luck with the swapers other than their Boggers but they are like $400 a peice and I know those are going to wear down horribly. I wouldn't mind some TSL's or LTB's if I can find my size..... I might just end up going taller and buy a set of 33"x13.50-15 LTB's

Hey guys, this is non-XJ but I dont know where else to post this. I got a pop-up trailer that Im building and it will be running 31's under it...

Hey, I want to see this trailer in a build thread on the Adventure forum. I'm dyin to build an offroad camp trailer myself!

Back