• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Removing sound deadening from '97-'01 floors

Has anyone encountered this problem before? My '97 has big squares of what looks like dynamat stuck to the floor. I'm up in the air on putting carpet back in or just bedlining the whole thing, but if I choose the latter I'll need this stuff gone and it looks absolutely miserable. I've heard mixed results with dry ice, and I've heard heat just turns it to more of a goo...

Any advice is appreciated!

I left it in when i bed lined (herculiner)... I scuffed it up real well and it held up... IMHO i would leave it

the floors get hot even with two layers of bedliner and i eventually put the carpet back in but i had the satisfaction of sealing the floors and being able to hose out whenever needed

After scraping it off the drivers I realized it sucked too much, and just bedlined over the rest. But a good thing to use once you have most of it off and its just a light layer of glue is mineral spirits

dry ice is what most people use.

DSC04180.JPG

Back