• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

had 3" of water in floorboard

krawler09

NAXJA Forum User
Today it has rained 7" and when I went out to get in my Jeep there was about 3" of water in the driver floorboard. Does anyone know where these could leak from? The back floorboards are dry the rear is dry also and under the dash seems to be dry. Thanks

No stains or damp spots on the headliner? Mine had a leak at the top of the windshield on the drivers side.

Check the door seals also.

A few places will do this. A leak in the roof at the front end of the gutter can work its way down the windshield pillar. All mY XJ's have developed rust holes in the roof at the driver's side front corner. So can a loose or damaged roof rack nutsert. A leak in the windshield sealer can come out almost anyplace. A clogged drain or rust hole in the cowl vent can leak but it usually ends up on the passenger side. Door seals are another possibility, especially if your door is a bit out at the top.

This can be really hard to diagnose if you don't see it coming in. See if you can get underneath the dash and look for traces of entry, rust, etc. But water can enter one place and travel pretty far before it exits, so it can be difficult.

Once things dry out you might be able to get a strong garden hose and see what happens when you aim it at various places.

There are no stains in the headliner, I am going to run it through a car wash i guess to take a look. I believe it is coming from the door area. Thanks for the help

Back