• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what lift would you suggest

rlevss

NAXJA Forum User
ok I am new to the jeep thing, I wheeled a fullsize bronco for many years, got this jeep cherokee a few years ago and now am looking at building it. I have a ford dana 60 and ford sterling that will be going in and 37" tall tires. what lifts are good or should I just say the strongest. sorry never licked or should I say there are to many jeep wranglers out there!

I think I would search the vendors/ sponsors and then start searching the forum or vice versa. I run a teraflex longarm converted to radius arms with bds 4.5" coils,3.5n re leafs,and teraflex 1.5" shackles. I like my ride and the only thing I would do different is build my own radius arms.

never licked what?

:lickout: :roflmao::roflmao::lickout: Predictive text is awesome!

With a D60 and plans to run 37's... sounds like your wanting to play with the big boys. I'd start looking at T&T Customs or Claton or even Full Traction's kits.

How much lift? Not a fan of the tall rigs myself, and would say use as little lift as possible. The down side of that is, the lower you are the more body work you have to do to clear the larger tires.

Are you sticking with full width axles, or are you going to narrow them?

A good starting point would be telling us what exactly you plan on doing with the rig and then also searching. This group is a wealth of info, and what lift comes up at least once a day.

thanks for all the wonderfull info you were all alot of help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are folks here who have been building and wheeling XJs for decades and are a wealth of knowledge. If your goal is to build a street-able rig and run 37's, here is a great write up for ideas, by the folks at T&T Customs (Treks) who produce a well designed long arm and rear coil conversion kit.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1032532

Welcome to the Cherokee scene, btw, Naxja forums are powered by sarcasm, embrace it. :laugh3:

most people who put one tons under thier rigs build thier own suspension.

id start off with some research

ok you all have a point I have been wheeling on and off for about 30 years and have always driven full size truck or bronco. I have been part of a four wheel drive club in south easter mich. for 8 year, Mud Sweat & Gears, I have helped build a few rigs from just lifting to more tube than jeep. My club has put on the Drummand island run for about 12 years now, I have a dana 60 front shortened down to 65" to match the rear,I have Hummer bead locks with 36 military tires and a ford 351 windsor v8 c6 and a doubler t-case that someday I hope will go in. I guess I should have been more clear with my question. I have hurt my back and am now on full disability and my son helps, does most of the work, I am looking for something that will ride well on the street as well as handle anything that my son, of 15, can handle

First you will absolutely want to consider trimming the fenders. I have seen many cherokees run 7.5" lift springs from Rubicon Express, a choice long-arm setup Ironman 4x4 fab makes a great set and you can run the clayton crossmember with them and then create your own skids, and this can clear 37s just fine if you trim the fenders. There really is no bolt on lift "kit" that can run 37s on a cherokee since very few guys run 37s without doing much of their own fab work and well street driving just kinda goes out the window.

Hope that is a little more helpful than some of the other responses. Make sure to do some searching before posting a generalized question or you will get ripped a new one.

With proper bumpstopping and heavy fender trimming, you can run 37s as low as 3" of lift. I'd recommend something around 4.5-5.5" Keep it somewhat lower to aid in stability, driveline angles, and ease of ingress/egress.

I guess there lies my problem, I can or should say could do the fab work before I hurt my back, and right know I am looking for bolt on over the fab. oh and the fenders are trimed sorry live in the rust belt so tthe rust started it. I thank all for the help that is given

well I was looking at rusty's beacuse it seems cheap in price, but on all the other jeep and xj forums they seem to get knock a lot. I want some thing that that will handle anything that is going to be through in front of in and hold up. when it comes down to putting it in I have a freind that that said he will put it on his hoist and help me and my son install it. I have to thank all of you for the suggetion they have been very help full

well I was looking at rusty's beacuse it seems cheap in price, but on all the other jeep and xj forums they seem to get knock a lot. I want some thing that that will handle anything that is going to be through in front of in and hold up. when it comes down to putting it in I have a freind that that said he will put it on his hoist and help me and my son install it. I have to thank all of you for the suggetion they have been very help full

If you go rustys don't get their track bar that has the tierod end on the frame end. They tend to snap and if that happens while driving down the highway then this will happen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLNc7Lfkktg

watch at the end he grabs the track bar and it is completely snapped off right where the tierod end threads into the the bar itself.

Back