• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Newbie that needs help!

cherokee0317

NAXJA Forum User
Im kind of new to wheeling, well rock crawling and working on my own rig, but im learning fast. I have a 99 cherokee, RE 7.5, 35's, d30, which is getting an OX, and a d44 is getting installed with a detroit. These are getting installed next week.

My major concern is getting the right length cable. I know this has been covered but i havnt been able to find an exact answer for how to measure or how the cable will extend when flexed. I figure it wont move to much since the center of the axle wont flex as far as the outer edge. I tried flexing the suspension and measuring it, but my d35 is pretty much screwed and i cant drive it very far to a place to flex it out. When i did flex it i measured 7o inches and figured 78 would be a safe route. But when i looked at the OX website they recommend a 90 inch cable for the front. I feel this is a little excessive.

If anyone can give me a good way to measure, give me a rough estimate on how long i should have it or any pointers at all on what to do it would be great. Thank you.

Im also looking for a jeep club that my girlfriend and i can join. Im thinking about the Two Rivers in Illinois. Anyone apart of that club?

OOPS! Posted that in the wrong place.

Last edited:
Back