• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wilmington pick-your-part

GrimmJeeper

NAXJA Forum User
just got back, there are a few HO XJs, I saw at the very least a 91, a 93, and a 94. Lots of renix XJs too. There is also one 97+ XJ, its white and has pretty straight fenders and doors, airbag still there, rest of the interior is very very dirty. the hatch has had the handle ripped/pried off and looks to be ruined, but the tail lights are in good shape no cracks. It's missing the trans, tcase, and intake manifold, also the front header panel is gone.

Didn't see any D44 axles there but I wasn't looking under every jeep for one I was hunting other parts. There are also a bunch of disc brake 8.8s under explorers.

just got back, there are a few HO XJs, I saw at the very least a 91, a 93, and a 94. Lots of renix XJs too. There is also one 97+ XJ, its white and has pretty straight fenders and doors, airbag still there, rest of the interior is very very dirty. the hatch has had the handle ripped/pried off and looks to be ruined, but the tail lights are in good shape no cracks. It's missing the trans, tcase, and intake manifold, also the front header panel is gone.

Didn't see any D44 axles there but I wasn't looking under every jeep for one I was hunting other parts. There are also a bunch of disc brake 8.8s under explorers.

Any chance you saw a V8 WJ? I'm still trying to track down the tranny solienoid and can't afford the $400+ price for a new one.

no WJs at all or I would have grabbed the knuckles and brakes :D 4 or 5 ZJs though but I didn't stop to look at them. None of the XJs had any aftermarket parts on them either.

It is REALLY difficult to find WJ's in junkyards. I have been trying for a couple months now with zero luck. I have found a few 4.0's but I need the V8 so I can get access to the 45rfe tranny.

I have tried every online site imaginable and everybody wants me to buy the entire tranny. Nobody will sale the TRS(transmission range sensor) and soleniod pack seperately. I have found a few places that sale a "refurbished" one for $300 and a few sites that sale a new one for $400-500; but not of those prices are within my budget. The junkyard is my only option or wait until next years tax return.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/45RF...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a134aa28a

97 bucks

thats all assuming google is correct that the solenoid pack is the TRS.

NICE FIND!!! I have looked on ebay a couple times and the handful I found were $300+ plus for refurbished/remaned and $200+ for the junkyard pull. $97 is a doable price. I will look into it tonight after work. If its exactly what I need then I will order it. Thanks.

In regards to the TRS being the solenoid pack; they are not the same thing but they are permantely attached. You can't just buy the TRS which is what actually went out. The solenoid in my WJ is working. The TRS which controls a few electrical things related to the tranny are all out.(ie: back up lights, auto dim mirrors cut off sensor, nuetral safety switch, etc.)

Last edited:
NICE FIND!!! I have looked on ebay a couple times and the handful I found were $300+ plus for refurbished/remaned and $200+ for the junkyard pull. $97 is a doable price. I will look into it tonight after work. If its exactly what I need then I will order it. Thanks.

In regards to the TRS being the solenoid pack; they are not the same thing but they are permantely attached. You can't just buy the TRS which is what actually went out. The solenoid in my WJ is working. The TRS which controls a few electrical things related to the tranny are all out.

My business cards would tell you that I am "Professionally Awesome" - which roughly translates to an above average ability to find nearly anything I need on the internet in an absolute minimum of time.

My business cards would tell you that I am "Professionally Awesome" - which roughly translates to an above average ability to find nearly anything I need on the internet in an absolute minimum of time.

I see you :worship: the ground you walk on.LOL:wave1:

where is that sensor located?

From looking at the 45RFE diagram it appears to be inside the tranny oil pan behind the filter. Since I have never done the job I'm not 100% sure but from guys on other WJ forums the consensus it that I should easily be able to get to it once the pan/cover is removed.

From looking at the 45RFE diagram it appears to be inside the tranny oil pan behind the filter. Since I have never done the job I'm not 100% sure but from guys on other WJ forums the consensus it that I should easily be able to get to it once the pan/cover is removed.

K if you dont get one, Ill keep an eye out for one. I had thought you picked one up a while back, so I wasnt looking anymore.

K if you dont get one, Ill keep an eye out for one. I had thought you picked one up a while back, so I wasnt looking anymore.

I ordered the $97 ebay one two days ago and got an email today that they no longer had anymore but could sale me a refurbished one for $200. I don't really even have the $97 (went on the credit card) but I definately don't have the $200 so I'm back on the hunt. Again, if anyone sees a v8 WJ at ANY socal junk yard please let me know.

Report that bait and switch to ebay. They take that serious.

Back