• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Plans for labor day weekend

Wiser

NAXJA Forum User
So what's the plan for everyone's 3 day weekend?
Mine? Probably stay home, have a cold one and wrench on the jeep (seems like there's always something that needs to be done huh?). Everyone stay safe!

Saturday we are having a meet and greet for xjsocal.com and...........Sunday we are hitting the Milliken Junkyard to see what we can find. It's 50% off! I believe all PAP's are 50% off. It's $5 entrance for 50% off days.

Screw Vegas, I'm going offroading. And I have a four day weekend. Going fishing on northern Lake Mead Friday, that night camping southwest of Mesquite near the Arizona border. then going up through St. George and checking out the mountain passes near Caliente since I've never been there, then camping up there somewhere Saturday night. Sunday night I'll be camping near the Lower Enterprise Resevoir in Southeast Utah.

Anyone else that wants to go along is welcome, send me a PM by tomorrow morning

Last edited:
surfing, beach wtih my kids, surfing, beach, working on my buddies truck, drinking beer, bbqing, the usual.

Screw Vegas, I'm going offroading. And I have a four day weekend. Going fishing on northern Lake Mead Friday, that night camping southwest of Mesquite near the Arizona border. then going up through St. George and checking out the mountain passes near Caliente since I've never been there, then camping up there somewhere Saturday night. Sunday night I'll be camping near the Lower Enterprise Resevoir in Southeast Utah.

Anyone else that wants to go along is welcome, send me a PM by tomorrow morning

Sounds warm for some of those places but sounds like a good plan. I love the Virgin River Gorge and the areas around St. George. Never wheeled there, but I've seen some good pics so I know there's killer stuff. Have a blast.

I think I'll be at home doing family stuff.

Saturday we are having a meet and greet for xjsocal.com and...........Sunday we are hitting the Milliken Junkyard to see what we can find. It's 50% off! I believe all PAP's are 50% off. It's $5 entrance for 50% off days.
just my 2 cents but F the milliken PAP!!!!
6 months ago i went in there and asked them how much for a dana 30 hub to hub. then i specified that it was a front axle from a xj 4x4 that i wanted the complete axle a d 30, shafts, and backing plates nothing else. dude said 90 bucks so i spent an hour pulling the damn thing to have him jack the price at the counter to 280!!!!!!
he said it was the axle plus the half shafts plus the "3rd member"....
i almost killed the guy... then an illegal hit my truck in the parking lot with no insurance yay!

so whoever bought that axle pulled... your welcome!

oh yeah im working all weekend!!! come see me at Stone Brewing World bistro and gardens in Escondido! 1999 citricado pkwy! im the bartender with piercings and a full sleeve. lets talk XJ'S and craft beer! saturday 12:30-9 sunday i open at 11 outside bar and monday i open at 11 inside bar. free tour with free beer at the tour!!!
whoooot!

Hooking up with this new chick. The old lady is gonna be outta town. LMFAO.
Other than that... probably work on the XJ... I kinda sorta bent the pillar between the doors and now they wont slide back on. LMFAO!

Sounds warm for some of those places but sounds like a good plan. I love the Virgin River Gorge and the areas around St. George. Never wheeled there, but I've seen some good pics so I know there's killer stuff. Have a blast.

I think I'll be at home doing family stuff.

Not really, for the most part I'll either be by a lake or over 5000 ft. I had a friend that wanted to go to JV, I said screw that. It's been triple digits in vegas for all but two days the last month with no change in the forecast, I've been wheeling places all summer that are either cooler or where I'm capable of cooling off, this weekend's no exception. And my jeep doesn't have AC which doesn't help either.

Last edited:
I plan to get my rig off road worthy. :looney:

Sounds like a lot of big plans! Yesterday I had to run errands & shit, today I'm gonna go out for a ride, then tomorrow & Monday I've gotta work! At some point I'll have money to start dumping in the jeep, not this weekend tho..

Today I head to BB for a memorial, and then tomorrow / monday I tear the CNC plasma down to paint it and install the new linear rails. Next week the plan is to pick up a Powermax 65 plasma cutter to be able to do d ring tabs and steel up to 1" thick.

Back