• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MSV/Coney 4Sept2011

DutchVDub

NAXJA Forum User
Hitting up MSV/Coney on Sunday, plan is to meet at the U-Pump-It fuel stop in lyons at 9am.

I think Ima try to make this. I just scheduled myself off for that Sunday.

I gotta get outta this funk and into some 'wheeling. I'll have to trailer my rig up there - ain't safe at highway speeds. Where's a good place to park the truck/trailer?

You can use the Park & Ride lot 1/4 mile west of I-25, (exit 243) south of Hwy 66
10-12 mi drive to Lyons from there on a newer 2 lane highway
with the max speed limit = 60 mph.

No problem parking at the junction of Hwy72 and Hwy7. (Vary safe as the Rangers often sit there.) Dutch knows where it's at. Or a quarter mile past the junction on 72 towards the trail. (At the side trail to Bunts School Road, which would be a great area to shoot at.) Also, closer to trail, a vary wide area at the rock slides on 72.

Trailer Queens, got to love them.

I normally park at the entrance to the trail, there is a big parking area there inside the campground. Either that or I park at Bunce where there is a large area. It kind of depends on how crowded it is up there. You can get into the camp grounds at the MSV/Coney entrance from Bunce.

Probably would be better parking at entrance to Bunce, upper parking lot will probably be full with hikers, alot more room at Bunce. If I can get my rear end put together and the Powertrax in on Saturday I might make it.:dunno:

Sorry Jim, I just ran it and it's a bit far for me to tow right now

I'll be joining you guys for MSV/Coney also.
This will probably be my last run this year, headed to N Dakota for work after Labor Day :-(

I hope to make it as well.

I'm in. I haven't wheeled much of anything this year.

I'll have to see if I'm up for it that morning. I work an over night shift untill 6am sunday morning so I'll be dragging if i do go. Havent been wheeling all year though so hopefully I'll make it.

Back