• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

General Contractor needed!

Renegade XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, Im hoping somebody out there is a Licensed and Bonded General Contractor. Im purchasing a home in Corona Ca and the bank is paying for me to do some renovations to it after escrow closes. It has some termite and water damage, most was fixed by HUD but it still needs work. I need to get a writen estimate done on the repairs and turn it into the bank ASAP to fund the loan. I have searched yellow pages and online but am having a super hard time finding a contractor that is bonded. So far I have had to get all my estimates done through Lowes and they are charging me an arm and a leg and then they just contract out to anybody who gives them the cheapest bid. Please let me know asap I need this done soon! The load closes on the 18th.

THANKS!!

you can contact the contractors lic. board and get a list of bonded/lic. contractors in your area. another way is to drive around and stop at construction sites and ask for the contractor and tell him/her what you need.

Dude, all General or specialty Building Contractors in California must be bonded (not for much, but it's like minimum auto liability insurance). If your bond expires or is cancelled, the CSLB pulls your license in a heartbeat.

Insured is different. Not all contractors carry General Liability Insurance. Is that what HUD wants? Because if all they want is a bond, just call any one claiming to be a contractor. If they aren't bonded, turn their asses into the CSLB.

You can go to the CSLB's website... start at https://www2.cslb.ca.gov/OnlineServices/CheckLicenseII/CheckLicense.aspx and you'll find all the links.

My ex-husband is a licensed & bonded GC (since 1988), but he's down in the San Diego area; I don't know if he's up for a run to Corona, but he's done jobs in Moreno Valley, SBdo, Hemet, you name it, in the past. If you're hurting and really can't find someone, let me know & I'll get a hold of him. He does mostly residential remodels and repairs, and does legit & quality work for a very reasonable price.

Carol

Be Careful, do Your homework. It became a Nightmare for Us...Still going on.

Dude, all General or specialty Building Contractors in California must be bonded (not for much, but it's like minimum auto liability insurance). If your bond expires or is cancelled, the CSLB pulls your license in a heartbeat.

Insured is different. Not all contractors carry General Liability Insurance. Is that what HUD wants? Because if all they want is a bond, just call any one claiming to be a contractor. If they aren't bonded, turn their asses into the CSLB.

You can go to the CSLB's website... start at https://www2.cslb.ca.gov/OnlineServices/CheckLicenseII/CheckLicense.aspx and you'll find all the links.

My ex-husband is a licensed & bonded GC (since 1988), but he's down in the San Diego area; I don't know if he's up for a run to Corona, but he's done jobs in Moreno Valley, SBdo, Hemet, you name it, in the past. If you're hurting and really can't find someone, let me know & I'll get a hold of him. He does mostly residential remodels and repairs, and does legit & quality work for a very reasonable price.

Carol

Cool thanks for the info. Turns out this whole time my wife's friend's husband is a general contractor. So he is coming over on Sat. to take a look at things. if it doesnt work out I'll let you know. Thanks!

Dude i always ask the wife first.But i have have been married for over 30 years so i know the drill now.LOL.
Glad you found the help you needed.

try angieslist.org since they specialize in users posting reviews for contractors and other services

Back