• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Scan tool needed

karstic

NAXJA Forum User
My 97 had an odd idle issue yesterday afternoon on the way home from work and this morning the Check Engine Light came on. Anyone in the LA/OC county border area have a scan tool that I can swing by and pull the codes?

I'm pretty sure any Pepboys will do it for free. (at least they used to)

dude my check engine light came on too! i swear it was right after i left teds and BAM! check engine light. still on. fml
all i can come up with is blame ted.... idk. lolol

Remi has one as well.

If you just want the codes only, 97 will retrieve its own codes by cycling the key on/off/on three or five times. when you finish you leave it in the on position and codes wil show on the odometer...might flash them as well with the CEL, can't recall.

I got a cheap one, but it will tell you what the code is and a brief description. You can come by. I'm in orange

ooh hes close to me too! maybe i can jump on that too s7tech? whats your schedule like during the week?

Normally home by 5. What year is your jeep? Is it OBD2? That is what my scan tool works is on.

I have one I could swing by with tomorrow eveing if you are still in need.
You have my number

They passed a law in CA that prevents parts stores from pulling codes for you :soapbox:

ya i am thinking the big 3 had a big contribution to the government to get that one passed. as we all know, service dept is the number one money maker for all dealerships.

ya i am thinking the big 3 had a big contribution to the government to get that one passed. as we all know, service dept is the number one money maker for all dealerships.

Most likely.

California really sucks donkey bawls sometimes.....

Taken care of

Thanks Cal and Mike

Back