• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cant turn left

Redsand

NAXJA Forum User
while at the high-lift trail day today, i had to go around someone who tore their wheel off. as i was going around them the edge of the trail gave away and my right front tire dipped down in a ditch. i think the trac bars bent, and when i steer back and fourth the jeep raises a little bit. would a bent trac bar cause this? drag link?
(the knuckle looks good) i can turn right just fine, and it will only turn left just enough that the tires arent straight
confused.gif

Using the gas your hybrid saves!!

get out and look? anything that's bent will look it. THe pitman arm should be centered and pointing parallel to the frame with your wheel sstraight.

get out and look? anything that's bent will look it. THe pitman arm should be centered and pointing parallel to the frame with your wheel sstraight.

this is your answer, and the steering wheel being upside down should have been your first clue :doh:

So, is it bad that my pitman points somewhat towards driver with the wheel straight? It normally has full range of motion, it seems...

This made me have a hard time turning, left and right.Didn't see it till i removed it to drill for the 1 ton steering i was installing. So if you bent or bend your steering just a little it will change it a lot.
bentpit.jpg

And this gave me NO RIGHT TURN,lots of left.LOL.
oldnew.jpg

So, is it bad that my pitman points somewhat towards driver with the wheel straight? It normally has full range of motion, it seems...
NM my pitman is off because my steering box sucks. Need a new one.

Did you recently run over a raccoon? Maybe its skull bent the drag link?

Back