• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Do I need to plug the transmission cooler ports on my new two row radiator?

1990Pioneer

NAXJA Forum User
Hello all, I finally got the new two row radiator for my 1990 Cherokee. It has a threaded port on the top and bottom of the left side end for , I assume -a transmission cooler. I do not need these , should I plug them with some sort of a brass plug or leave them open? The auto parts house said to just leave them open and not to worry about it??? Thanks again.

There is no pressing need to do anything with them. They are the connections for the Transmission Cooler. Presumably you have a manual and do not need the cooler.

leave them open, they only go to a small brass tank inside the radiator that is completely sealed off. you can plug them if you're worried about it but there is no pressing need to do so.

ok so i have a 96 automatic and im going to put in a tranny cooler do i need to plug the ports on my radiator?

Plug them off, when you're out offroading you can use this to reheat your coffee.All you need is some GOOD hose and a valve to open and close the tank.As you drive it will reheat the coffee.LOL.Yes it works.

OMG HEAT EXCHANGER? only lol's come later, after drinking fluids that went thru a radiator meant to cool engines, not heat coffee. obviously it would work if plumbed right, but i worry about what they use to construct those radiators. food grade? why bother! yuck.

Not a bad idea, sort of...

I should think that one could use a small pump to circulate coolant and make a liquid to liquid heat exchanger. That way you could use a stainless tank for your "domestic hot water. A simple copper coil would work in the second tank. The one in the radiator is brass. Use a coffee can for the additional tank?

Back