• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for front bumper suggestions? I got backed into today by a BMW

XJ Buddy

NAXJA Forum User
Some jerk backed into the front of my 94 Jeep XJ today and bent my stock front bumper. I need to replace it and don't have a lot of money but want to upgrade. I would like to get a nice baja / offroad style bumper like the one pictured below. Any suggestions on where I can get a nice front bumper or have one made without sending a lot of money? I live in Southern Orange County and can also drive south to SD or north to LA.

1103or_15_+1989_jeep_cherokee_xj+front_bumper.jpg

I've had a Logan's Metal on my rig for about a year and i've been very happy with it. I can also recommend superstition motorsports AKA jackfab here in san diego. Jack does great work and his prices are right.

x2 on that logans metal bumper, that thing look awesome. I like how they have all sort of angles for more clearance :). That will be the bumper that i get when i get one.

Look at the one socal offroad is selling, it's a bad ass prerunner style bumper for a hell of a good price, and they're local so you could probably pick it up and save yourself a ton on shipping.

EDIT: here's a link to it

http://socaloffroad.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=46_388_401&products_id=1426

Though I like my Logan's bumper, seeing as how the OP is looking for more of a prerunner style than plate/bull bar style, I have to agree that one seems like a very viable option.

One thing I wondered from looking at the link: does it tie into the front "frame-rails" like Logans/JCR/AJ's, etc?

If it does, that's seems like a very fair price. ($350.00)

it does not go further back than the original bumper mounts, no, but it bolts to the swaybar bracket mounts from underneath the rails. It's not a recovery bumper by any means, but it is a great looking prerunner style bumper.

Littleleonard over at cherokeforum has custom bumpers for a decent price.

Back