• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

International Bro's, need some advice

I got tasked to plan part of what has to be the best deal I have gotten to date in the military. We are taking an 8 man group of Fighter Pilots to Duxford England for the AirShow next weekend. But the deal gets better, we are not flying direct, instead we are flying into Ramstein, then renting two BMWs and driving. All with full per diem.

So I could use some suggestions on where to stop. As of right now I had planned on taking the E411 out of Ramstein so we could go through Lux as well. I was planning on a crossing at Calais unless someone here has a good suggestion. I am using google to the max right now, on stuff like a ferry crossing, although the chunnel could be pretty cool, maybe a train? But I have no clue how that works with rental cars.

I have been suggested by a family friend who goes to Europe often to make sure we rent at least 5 series BMWs, and to try to stop at Manneken Pis, Brussels and Grote Markt.

Any other advice?

Make sure you have the number of a contact that can bail you out of jail.

Back