• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusted through floor board. Any welders that can help?

jorcie7

NAXJA Forum User
Today while I was pb blasting bolts for my budget boost install attempt this weekend... I found ~3" squared piece of floor board that is rusted through. :wow: now I was already unsure about being able to complete the lift with the very limited tools I have, I for sure cannot do a cut and weld to repair this. Now this is where I beg for help... Anybody that can do this type of job i can pay for your help or know of a shop that would not charge too much? Please.

Hey Jorge if you want I am having a wrench party at my house. I will have lots and lots of tools. Your welcome to come have a beer and get that kit installed. Should be pretty cut and dry. i also have a welder and a cutter. I can get the piece cut out for you, but i have no sheet to put a new peice back in. Let me know bro

peace
ted

Thanks for the offers.. I'll see if webdog can help and how much the damage will be $$$ if it's too much I might have to take drive.

Hey Jorge if you want I am having a wrench party at my house. I will have lots and lots of tools. Your welcome to come have a beer and get that kit installed. Should be pretty cut and dry. i also have a welder and a cutter. I can get the piece cut out for you, but i have no sheet to put a new peice back in. Let me know bro
N
peace
ted

Ted that sounds awesome... I saw your post about it..Could knock out two birds with one stone but I can't on Saturday I have plans. I'm planning on working on the heep on sunday :( killer offer though

finally got to take pictures.

IMG_2741.JPG

IMG_2740.JPG

IMG_2739.JPG
:bawl:

we can do that as well but the proper way is a panel replacement but if you just no more hole then cool i can do it with a piece of steel.

I cut out the rotted part. Now I still have lots of surface rust. I went at it with sandpaper but doesn't get in the pitted areas. any suggestions?
hard to see in crappy cell phone pic but there is very little bare metal and tons of pitted rust spots. thanks for any suggestions.

IMG_20110928_194527.jpg

I had a similar problem and my temporary solution was to go to home depot and get some sheet metal. I then took some self tappers and drilled holes on the sheet metal to simplify the process. Did a section of almost 10"x10" with self tappers at about 1" appart all around. Im going to actually weld in a donor piece from another XJ when i get around to it. Good luck!

Back