• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need to get reamed

SanDiegoXJ

NAXJA Forum User
OK, maybe not the best subject in this forum, but none the less, I just got a new MOOG ES2233L that I need to have reamed to fit an ES2026R. From what I can tell, it's 1.5"/foot, the same as the 1-ton steering systems.

Anywho, if anyone in the San Diego area has one of these reamers (they seem to be quite pricey) and you would either lend it to me to try and do myself...or do the job for say a 6 pack, it would be very much appreciated.

I have a reamer and will be working in Escondido around 10am tomorrow. I can do it on the spot if you can meet me.

bump.

did you ever get a reamer, or find someone who has one? I need my pitman arm reamed

I have been thinking about just buying one for people to use. any interest?

bump.

did you ever get a reamer, or find someone who has one? I need my pitman arm reamed

I have been thinking about just buying one for people to use. any interest?
:wave:
I got one here in Palm Springs.But you'll have to bring your arm and a drill to my place to drill it.Plus bring a TRE so we don't go over on the size.Home this week monday thru friday.Gone on the weekend watching grandson play football and offroading.

Hope this can help you.

i know i have a reamer, but not sure what pitch it is. how do i check? from center line to outer edge, or from outer edge to opposite outer edge? i think it was for reaming VW spindles to accept either GM or ford TREs. the only marking i remember seeing on it was 1/2.

Back