• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What to take from a '98 for a '96

If the headliner is still good, they fit nice and look a lot better than the first gen headliners. You just have to mod the bracket for the center light.

Other than some of the differences in the body... there are alot of parts that will transfer over...
There are alot of engine parts that are the same... and the '96 takes the same fuel injectors as the '98.

The cutoff date for when the C8.25 went from 27 splines to 29 splines was the end of May 1996. So if your Jeep was built after that; you can be sure that he axles had 29 splines.
Towards the end of the production year is also when you started noticing some changes that would be introduced into the '97 model.

The cutoff date for when the C8.25 went from 27 splines to 29 splines was the end of May 1996. So if your Jeep was built after that; you can be sure that he axles had 29 splines.
Towards the end of the production year is also when you started noticing some changes that would be introduced into the '97 model.

That's exactly what I wanted to know. Where can I check the production month? I have 4.56 in my roller and limited slip (may be shot).. Do you guys know what the gear ratio was in the late '96... PO said he didn't regear but it runs great at 85 under 3k rpm on the highways with 33"s. Decisions Decisions....

That's exactly what I wanted to know. Where can I check the production month? I have 4.56 in my roller and limited slip (may be shot).. Do you guys know what the gear ratio was in the late '96... PO said he didn't regear but it runs great at 85 under 3k rpm on the highways with 33"s. Decisions Decisions....

The sticker on the drivers door or door pillar lists vehicle information such as VIN; will also list the month and year of manufacture.

Back