• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LCA question

rocklandxjer

NAXJA Forum User
Quick question, it may be stupid (I'm not looking at the jeep currently, nor have I made any measurements...Just curious if anyone has done it)

I was thinking, would there be any benefits/problems that would arise from switching the lower control arm directions. Let me clear that up.

I've got a (mostly) Rusty's 4.5" kit under my '94. No drop brackets or Long arms. The CA's have the bend in them toward the axle end(for a better angle at the axle, I imagine, not that that really matters since the effective arm is at the same angle...maybe for clearance). I was wondering what would happen if you switched sides, so that the arm came down a bit more sharply from the frame side and then turned to angle into the axle. (I can't upload any pictures right now, but hopefully that makes some sense.

Basically, take an LCA off, rotate 180 degrees and reinstall.

Whaddaya think?

I know, I mentioned that. Just curious to see if anyone can think of any benefits or problems that would arise.

I can think of a few for the latter, but I'm wondering if anyone has thought about this and has any potential benefits.

the bend is for clearance on the stock mounts you would probably loose alot of that clearance and suspension dropout by flipping them.

only think i can think of, is you'll end up with tire rub marks on BOTH SIDES of your lca's.

LOL that's kinda funny. :laugh2:

Don't do it. It's a pointless mod that will not achieve anything and you might end up snapping a bolt and get all pissed off for nothing.

Back