• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

goferit inserts with currie steering

blondejoncherokee

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
ive read that alot of guys run the goferit inserts with a RHD draglink , im wondering if anyone has ran it with a currie setup? i have no problem relocating the trackbar mount and sway bar mounts if that is all, i am wondering if there are other issues like exessive bumpsteer or something else...ive been reading alot of threads without a definite answer.

How are you going to flip the draglink otk? Or are you just asking about the tie rod?

The passenger side of the Currie has to go UTK so using a flip insert there won't work.

yah nevermind. i know i can flip the driver side tie rod.
i have been researching the wj knuckle swap but i cant justify 800
(tres, steering, knuckles, calipers, brackets, pads, rotors, ball joints, 3 go fer it inserts, id rather build a 44 at that point) . i was thinking of flipping the currie over at the pass side knuckle. im for sure gonna do the driver side.

what about running a right hand drive drag link OTK?

From his build thread, after he rotated the knuckles. I think he cut the TRE off the Currie drag link and welded it on at a different angle.

100_2974.jpg

From his build thread, after he rotated the knuckles. I think he cut the TRE off the Currie drag link and welded it on at a different angle.

Looks like he cut it, sleeved it and then welded the TRE back on.
Guess that could be done with a stock drag link too.

And that is why I put "from what I saw". On my mobile device and didn have time to flip through his whole thread. I stand corrected.

Looks like he cut it, sleeved it and then welded the TRE back on.
Guess that could be done with a stock drag link too.

I've been wanting to do something like this. Just take a stock draglink, lop off the knuckle end, slip a spare adjuster collar (like used at pitman arm and on zj tierod), weld the hell out of it and then use another zj sized tre there. All with flip inserts, relocated trackbar, and relocated swaybar mounts of course.

JCR over the knuckle setup would be cheaper and save you cash in the end when it comes time to replace the joints. If you don't wheel to hard then the currie should be good, I've seen two bend and don't really like how they only sell replacements. The bolt in factor is nice but you obviously won't be just bolting it in.

You need a reamer also to taper from the top, if you go this route I'd look into the Savy currie setup.. pricey but badass... for a stock style steering setup.

Serious Offroad, has a setup like JCR's and cheaper too.

JCR over the knuckle setup would be cheaper and save you cash in the end when it comes time to replace the joints. If you don't wheel to hard then the currie should be good, I've seen two bend and don't really like how they only sell replacements. The bolt in factor is nice but you obviously won't be just bolting it in.

You need a reamer also to taper from the top, if you go this route I'd look into the Savy currie setup.. pricey but badass... for a stock style steering setup.
Actually, you don't NEED a reamer. With the tapered inserts you just drill out large enough for them to fit snug and weld them up.

Back