• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaking schrader valve

vickin

NAXJA Forum User
I just finished installing my header, started it up, and noticed the schrader valve was leaking. I thought it was an injector, but it was leaking from valve. Never leaked before i messed with it. I did however push it when i was draining the rail. I tried pulling the valve up with a needle nose, but I did not want to break it. Please tell me these are serviceable, so I do not have to replace the entire rail...

I searched but to no prevail could I find much on this.

Vehicle: 92 xj

thanks

goto parts store, look in tire section. Buy a package pf valve cores and a valve core removal tool.

shouldn't cost more than 5 bucks.

the tool will unscrew the old valvecore. replacement is opposite.

The Schrader valve on the fuel rail, right ? Give it a quick push and see if it re-seats properly and stops leaking.

My 88 actually has a metal cap that can seal it. If nothing else, hit the JY and see if you can score one as a temporary fix.

Thanks you guys. I ended up taking the core out of the schrader valve. I went to wal mart and bought a tire valve and used that. it actually worked. How long will this valve last? i was planning on running to a dealer and getting one.

Mine has no metal cap, just the valve.

thanks

Back