• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 XJ knuckles on a LP dana 30 from a Tj

blondejoncherokee

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
can i use 89 Xj knuckles on a lp tj dana 30?
the ball joints are the same part number.

im pulling my 30 to rebuild it, truss it, and put a new locker in it as well as WJ knuckles.

i picked up a tj lp 30 with 4.88s(same ratio as mine) and a lockright for cheap without knuckles.

it seems like its all bolting up fine but i was wondering if the inner Cs are at a different angle or anything weird that i should know?
i know the shafts are the same, i want to swap my brakes and chromos and bearings over.
im assuming that since im swapping all the same stuff over it should all be good?

Last edited:
seems like everything i searched says that if i swap the XJ outers /shafts/bearings i should be just fine

nice. i know i need to weld washers on both sides for the cam adjusters since im not going to run that stuff.

the TJ housing came with no knuckles so thats why im trying to save a few bucks and use the XJ knuckles on the TJ .

oh and i trussed the housing and the uca mount from coil bucket to coil bucket.

so basically as long as i use all my XJ stuff im good.
ill measure things to check too.

yah it all worked great just wanted to make sure. just need to finish all up tonight after work. i used the Xj knuckles, calipers, rotors, chromos shafts( i know the shafts should be the same) . the ball joints where on the housing and they were exactly the same as the Xj . i think the reason i was concerned is that i have been looking into the WJ swap for my HP and ive read tons of threads and half say you need to use WJ lower ball joints and half dont mention it at all.

Back