• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chrysler 8.25 29 spline

Fish'nCarz

NAXJA Forum User
Two questions, really.

1. Did they ever put this thing in the front of anything?

2. Anybody offer one of these rebuilt with a locker, choice of gears, and disc brakes? Maybe better shafts, seals and bearings.

I ask #2 because by the time I do alla that, I'm going to have some money in it, and you could build a dozen up for a much better price than I could if you already had the tech. I never plan to run anything over 33's, so why do I need to go bigger? (Well, now is now, we'll worry about tomorrow tomorrow!)

Does anyone have an opinion about this axle?

Its strong very comparable to D44 no worries with 33's
Use discs off a D35 from ZJ only have to shave a lil on it. You can use a dremel

Its strong very comparable to D44 no worries with 33's
Use discs off a D35 from ZJ only have to shave a lil on it. You can use a dremel

I understand that, I'm just wondering if there is anything aftermarket that is plug-and-play.

Disc conversion like $600 believe there is cromo shafts also thats all I can think of now but search

Maybe I should build a half dozen?

Two questions, really.

1. Did they ever put this thing in the front of anything? No 8.25 front axle

2. Anybody offer one of these rebuilt with a locker, choice of gears, and disc brakes? Maybe better shafts, seals and bearings. Not that I am aware of, but you can do a brake upgrade via JY for "cheap". Axle shafts are OK stock. Remember this is a truck rearend, not a Jeep rearend. Will do 33's OK. Good choice of gears, even stock. The 4 cylinder 8.25 came with 4:10.

Good axle for the money.
-Ron

My 8.25:

No slip- 400
4:56s- 500 (regeared twice, broke the first set after ~3 years)
Ruff stuff cover-110
Lube locker-20
G2 disc brake conversion - $600
Yukon shafts/new bearings and seals - $250
Shaved - free
JKS shock mounts - $50
DPG bumpstop pads - $100

Edited for my build

:dunce:

The flat lip on the bottom where the cover attaches its a rock catcher

Shaved, trussed(RuffStuff), RuffStuff cover, Yukon Shafts, Aussie Locker, ready for a traction bar, raised shock mounts and Nitro 4.88 gears.

The axle was free
Aussie=$225
Truss=$100
Yukon shafts on sale=$100, Bought them 8 years ago! Can't seem to snap them!
RS cover=$100
gears and install kit, no labor(did it myself)=$250

I have wheeled this axle hard on 35's and no issues. Would I like to have a D-60, sure if they made one that was stock width. I'm not into full width set-ups for a street driven XJ but to each is own.

I have no regrets with the 8.25

P1020281.jpg

P1020156.jpg

Shaved, trussed(RuffStuff), RuffStuff cover, Yukon Shafts, Aussie Locker, ready for a traction bar, raised shock mounts and Nitro 4.88 gears.

The axle was free
Aussie=$225
Truss=$100
Yukon shafts on sale=$100, Bought them 8 years ago! Can't seem to snap them!
RS cover=$100
gears and install kit, no labor(did it myself)=$250

I have wheeled this axle hard on 35's and no issues. Would I like to have a D-60, sure if they made one that was stock width. I'm not into full width set-ups for a street driven XJ but to each is own.

I have no regrets with the 8.25

Yours is sufficiently Bad Ass for my needs!

Back