• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 doors to a 91

tj'sxj

NAXJA Forum User
anyone know if the hinges/doors from a 1998 four door will direct fit to my 1991 four door. bolt patter ect.. i believe the hinges r different but maybe by luck they will fit!! thanks TJ

TJ,

The hinges that are welded to the body are different. However you can unbolt the doors from the hinges and swap them. The problem then is the striker - they are different and you would need to figure out how to change over to the newer style strikers in order to use the newer doors.

hey eric, been a while, sorry i couldnt make it to the big weekend of wheelin couple months back, saw the pics & looked fun, anyway, ya have an idea what year my compatability stops @?? thanks btw i baught the outter C's from you! i wanna 86 the electrics in the front doors!

hey eric, been a while, sorry i couldnt make it to the big weekend of wheelin couple months back, saw the pics & looked fun, anyway, ya have an idea what year my compatability stops @?? thanks btw i baught the outter C's from you! i wanna 86 the electrics in the front doors!

Your compatability is good through '97 for the hinges, but only good through '96 on the strikers.

if ^ that is true then the 2 door models have different hinges. because i have doors from a 99 on my 93 and they bolted up. all i had to do was change the striker. which i just welded on where it needed to go. works like a champ. though they do leak some, i think that's the weather stripping and crooked jeep though.

I'm pretty sure that Eric meant to say 2001 instead of 1997.

Back