• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Daily driver is down

InlandZJ

NAXJA Forum User
My daily is crippled and not firing but cranks like crazy. Plugs seem to be in good shape and wires also. Just replaced the distributor cap/rotor and fuel filter. The bus does not run early for me to get on down to work I really cant have this down for more than a day so anyone have any ideas or can help i'm in the riverside area and would rather pay someone that knows the jeeps than to flip open the yellow pages or surf for a place to tow it to have it fixed. I work from 6:30 to 5pm but could take off as early from work as 4 when i have a person to take over.

Any help would be awesome. I really hate to ask from anyone to help unless it was important i try and fix it myself but the time factor here sucks.... darn work

your other thread got moved to the tech section i'd imagine, you'll get a much quicker response there and more people will see it and offer to help ;)

start with year, engine, etc.. sounds like a classic bad crank position sensor. did this just happen out of nowhere?

Yea, i just had lunch with my wife and came out to the parking lot jumped in and cranked away i had my wife taken home by my sister inlaw so the heat would not bake her. I wrestled with it and then called AAA the GM was cool about me tryin to work on it for a bit and offered to jump it but i said thank you but i dont think tthat would do any good and yes first time she just bucked and no gittyup . I did post this in the tech thread for now she sits under cover (n)

If it ran before go back to all your old stuff.. Replace one thing at a time, start and run it. May be a pre-clogged fuel filter or its in backwards maybe rotor is bad.

cranks strong, but wont fire... and nobody has mentioned CPS? the crankshaft position sensor?

start with disconnecting it, and plugging it back in a couple times to freshen the contacts, the connector is located at the rear of the engine, driverside, i think its a 3 prong connector with 2 wires if im not mistaken?

TESTING: as per fsm, test the resistance between A and B, should be 200, +-75 ohms. also check the wiring.

start with year, engine, etc.. sounds like a classic bad crank position sensor. did this just happen out of nowhere?

cranks strong, but wont fire... and nobody has mentioned CPS? the crankshaft position sensor?

;)

in his other thread he says it's starting to kick over then just goes back to cranking. sounds like a fuel issue to me.

Back