• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Getting more lift out of a RE 3.5 lift kit ..

xjcherokee2000

NAXJA Forum User
Hello everyone . I have a RE 3.5 kit with full leaf pack installed on my XJ . I am trying to get more lift out of it to run 32" tires with the stock fenders .

here is my idea :::

using the RE shackles that give an extra 1.25" in the rear and replacing my 3.5" coil springs with RE 4.5 coils .

What do you guys think ??? Think it will work ??

I do not want to use leaf spring riser blocks ......

Thanks ! :gee:

this is what I did on my RC 3" kit... bear in mind I am not quite done yet

Front: added a home made 1.75" coil spacer...

rear: added a 1.5" RC LIFT shackle ($6 at the bone yard) and a home made shackle relocation bracket

what are you going to do about control arms? (I am currently in the process of swapping in JK front upper and lower control arms...

what are you doing about brake lines? MANY choices here... I am using an early dakota rear line and a pair of early 90s Chevy 1500 front lines

trackbar? I am going double shear... you could relocate... but it will not work really well as the steering stabilizer mount is in the way

http://www.hdoffroadengineering.com/products/xj-shackle-relocation-kit

the re3.5 kit doesnt come with a trackbar does it? mine didnt.... you need one above 3.5" of lift (you SHOULD have a nice aftermarket one now, as the re kit lift on the high side).

shocks will be off... you'll probably be bumpstoping on them if you use the 3.5's. it depends on the fitment though... TBD

at 4.5.... the ride is.... manageable but rough, drop brackets/long arms there would help.... but run what you brung, you wont be giving the mother in law rides to the hospital in this thing... worry about it later.

you have a SYE, right?

Back