• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear glass trim, how to remove?

xjtrailrider

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I need to pull the rear glass trim from the MJ but have no clue how it is attached. Some tell me you have to pull the glass, others say it just pushes in around the glass and that the glass is sealed separately.

Anybody out there know the answer.

It just pushes in around the glass, might be a small amount of adhesive but unlikely.

Depends on whether it's a slider window or not I think? I'm honestly not sure. The tinted dual slider window I just bought at the junkyard was urethaned in place like a windshield and so are factory sliders.

I checked the parts catalog and the rear window glass gasket for a non slider appears to just pop in.

Mine is a non slider, I got it out easily.

She goes to the paint shop tomorrow. It will be painted MOPAR bright metallic silver and will have all semi-gloss black trim

Here it is before paint;

272108_10150319172555219_599350218_9874051_305478_o.jpg

all comanche stock rear windows are urethaned in. the gasket is just to center the window.

if there are any that are rope-seale type gaskets, I've NEVER seen one. I've heard people say otherwise, but in removing and installing more than 20 rear windows, and owning past 30 mj's, I'd have to say that anyone saying that is wrong.

nice!

didn't want a rear slider?

Back