• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 30 sleeves

truck7575

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know if the JK/TJ Dana 30 sleeves from Offroad evolution will work on an XJ high pinion dana 30 without modification? What other companies make Dana 30 sleeves for the XJ Dana 30

what do you me by hijack? Im asking about the tube sleeve inserts that you put inside the existing axle tubes. Im not really sure how much they help either

he's being polite, its not even close to a thread hijack though, still on the main topic of sleeves.

sleeving a d30 is 5%er stuff, and for prerunner folk who just cant have enough rigidity.

i wouldnt worry about it if the axle is truss'd and all that, but if your building your own axle, and want to sleeve it, why not add a little extra strength to protect your investment?

its not for everyone, i agree. if your the type to beat the shit outta your jeep, the d30 isnt for you.... your probably allready planning a 60, etc..... jeepspeeders cannot run a d60 due to weight problems..... so we have no choice but to work with what weve got.

haha, im half asleep I get it now, adding a question to a thread with a different question. I knew that... duh.. hehe im really not a newb. I see what your saying xcm, basically, for trails, mud and a little bit of rocks, which is mainly what I do, the sleeves are probably excessive for my application with 35's. that makes sense

Sleeving the tube internally is not nearly as strong as an exterior truss, however there are good reasons to sleeve one internally. I am getting ready to do that soon because I am cutting the tubes and rotating the center section instead of cutting the inner "c"s and rotating them. I will then install a half sleeve on the underside of the tube to add additional strength as well as increase the tube diameter for mounting lower control arm mounts. Then I will build a custom truss to tie it all together. It will be a bit heavy but damn near bulletproof.

Back