• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Might buy this today need some advice craigslist jeep

Looks pretty clean, and from what I've learned, the '99 is the ideal late-model year for various reasons (LP D30, no coil rail, etc).

At $3400, expect AC problems at the very least IMO. Also, check VERY closely for unibody damage and make sure it's a clean title. My '01 just crossed the 170k mark and is still quite strong - just check it over thoroughly.

Passed on the jeep. he said it had new radiator ac clutch waterpump and just serviced. but he would only drop to $3100. hope i made the right decision. 170000 for 3100 seems like alot.

You were wise to pass at $3100 if he didn't want to deal. I was lucky to land my 2000 with 160,000 for $2,600, but I was first on the spot with the cash.

There will others, be patient and you will find the right one.

You were wise to pass at $3100 if he didn't want to deal. I was lucky to land my 2000 with 160,000 for $2,600, but I was first on the spot with the cash.

There will others, be patient and you will find the right one.

especially in CA without rust. Up here in the NE, 4WD vehicles hold insane value because of the winter. The main problem around here is finding a jeep thats not RUSTED OUT.

Be patient, get the right price. I'd buy an XJ with 900,000 miles on it, as long as it wasn't rusted out. Motors, transmissions, Xfer cases are easy, RUST BLOWS!!!

Last edited:
Back