• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

UCA's snapped.

rion_c

NAXJA Forum User
I did John Bull this weekend and the upper control arms on my '95 XJ are now in two pieces.
It has a 3.5" lift and the arms were stock. I want to replace them with the Rusty's Adjustable Flex Fit arms, so I called Rusty's asking if I would also need to buy adjustable lowers (because they are also stock) in order to keep proper geometry. But the person I spoke to did not know what I meant by geometry and said to just buy the uppers.
Has anyone done this to their XJ? I'm hoping to just buy the uppers because the lowers are in good shape, but I don't know if that will throw the geometry off more.
Thanks.

Ok, I'm sure I can find that somewhere on this site. Mine are too FUBAR to get any dimensions from but that helps. Thanks.

first I wouldn't buy rusys for a few reasons(shipping prices and warremty to name 2) go with RC or RK or something with a good warremty +customer service.

I have Rusty's adjustable uppers and lowers. Very beefy, no issues, no problems. Received them in less than 4 days after placing my order on their website. Had a question about adjusting them to the proper length for my lift height and when I called Rusty answered the phone and was very helpful. I have rubber bushings at both ends and after 20,000 miles they are holding up fine.

first I wouldn't buy rusys for a few reasons(shipping prices and warremty to name 2) go with RC or RK or something with a good warremty +customer service.

I don't understand this about the shipping price.When I call them or any other company they are the same price on shipping.I don't order of there site, I always call my order in, you know IN PERSON.I guess calling is always better for the price i get.

But yes RC does have have great customer service, they are above most if not all in this part.4 years on there lift and still beating it hard.

Screw all those companies! Not really, but I prefer Ironman Andy's control arms.
Seriously though, my rig is a mix of RCX, Rusty's, and Ironman parts. I do prefer the beef of Ironman as I have used/seen all the others. Just my .02!

Back