• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

River Raider Snorkel Installed.

Supermanxj

NAXJA Forum User
I recently had my jeep over to My friends at River Raider Off-road to have one of there new Expedition Style snorkels installed on my heep. I am very pleased with how it turned out.

It uses the stock air box and attaches on the hood rather than cowl which I thought was cool because there are no wires in the way drilling the hole.

XJExpeditionSnorkel4.jpg

XJExpeditionSnorkel1.jpg

XJExpeditionSnorkel5.jpg

XJExpeditionSnorkel6.jpg

Josh

I was looking to build something similar but the intake I am working on would come out the passenger side cowl using a M35A2 mushroom cap and would have an inline filter so that I will be able to free up some space under the hood. I checked out that setup and $370 is way out of my price range. That looks good and functional though.

it seems like kind of a rip off :( all they have is a mushroom can and you can get one like chin13 said from ebay for like 45 bucks :/ but it does look clean good job.

$370 for that thing? What? I got my airflow for $260 shipped! Wow they are smoking some bad crack, the parts for that are probably less than $100 total.

It looks nice and all, but seriously.

That is a ton of money for a mushroom thing, the flange, and some piping. Ripoff man.
You could get a real snorkel for that much!
I like my set up. 10 dollars.
jeeeeep008.jpg

jeeeeep009.jpg

First off $370 is absolutely ridiculous, but it's your money.

Secondly, that looks terrible. I would have opted for a cowl intake instead of having a mushroom sticking out of your hood. OUCH!

Who cares what he paid for it. Safari Snorkels cost more then that brand new as well.

But I know Muddeprived made something real close to that as well.

Back