• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel System electrical Help needed

beer_goggles_009

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
My fuel pump (>1 year old) died on a trial a few weeks ago with typical symptoms of a bad pump. It started to sputter then died.. would not restart the starter was turning the engine over but I could not hear the pump at all. So after swaping around relays. I still could not get it started.

So after the jeep was home I checked the following
I plugged in a spare fuel pump and nothing. Verified that it would spin by connecting it directly to the battery
Put in a new relay nothing. could not find a marked fuse for the system. Is there one? if so where?
Checked the harness with a test light and got no power when connecting it from teh positive to negative terminals in the harness. also no power when connecting the positive to the body throght the test light.
I could not see any damaged wires or anything else in the system that was obviously cause the circuit to be open?

Is there a fuesable link? or fuse? or anything else in the system that would prevent electricity to get the the pump.
Any grounds in the fuel pump circuit that are prone to fail?

any help would be appreciated. I really need to get started so I can get it into my garage.

thanks,

Jim

Back