• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is there an easy way to check the A/C evap core for leaks?

robhurlburt

NAXJA Forum User
Trying to find the leak in my A/C system. I have put 2 cans of R134a with UV leak detector in. I have not found any signifigant amount of dye anywhere yet with the black light. Is there any way beside pulling the entire dash to get to the A/C evap to check for leaks?

Also, when i shut down the car it sounded like the expansion valve or something in that area was sucking in air. is that normal? I know there is a lot of vacuum lines on this thing, and i honestly don't know what they all do yet. thanks.

'95 cherokee with 4.0 and auto.

You need to use a sniffer. Not something available at your local parts store. Check with a local AC shop.

Wipe a qtip around the inside of drain hose on the firewall, it will show up there with a UV light, if you ac is still working once the condensation starts flowing it will also show up on the top of the frame where that hose drips on.

Back