• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ebay Jeep

Fish'nCarz

NAXJA Forum User
'01 probably has cracked head

You guys are so down on the 01! I am willing to bet cash money that it doesn't have a cracked head!

Not yet anyway, hasn't got enough miles on it.

Looks like it has had some paint work done
IMG_3231.jpg

Misplaced inner fender liner with over spray.

There is something not right with that XJ. It has had some major paint work, there is over spray EVERY WHERE, and considering that the over spray is so bad that I could see it on my iPhone there is no way it was done at a reputable shop. Also the tires look really worn down for only 24k

Previous owner drilled 3 holes in the center console on the passenger side. That ought to bring the cost down to at least $12,000.

And, did the transfer case skid plates come from the factory with only one bolt into the frame rail?!?!?

Yes, one bolt. Note in the listing about how much better this one looked due to painted and clear coated flares than most Sports. I thought color-keyed flares were pretty standard for the 00/01, but I wonder if that's what all the overspray is from?

$14K.... sheesh.

Yes, one bolt. Note in the listing about how much better this one looked due to painted and clear coated flares than most Sports. I thought color-keyed flares were pretty standard for the 00/01, but I wonder if that's what all the overspray is from?

$14K.... sheesh.

Nah, flares maybe, but not the body side molding. Sports were usually given black molding. Something hinkey with this one. Great sales job though, wasn't it?

Last edited:
Why the hell is there no undercoating on the frame rails?

PLEASE NOTE, THIS BODY IS MORE LIKE THE LIMITED OR CLASSIC BECAUSE THIS SPORT HAS THE PLASTIC MOLDING ON THIS SIDE PAINTED, UNLIKE MOST SPORTS HAVE FLAT BLACK PLASTIC.
...Really??? Its a Limited because you painted one little set of trim pieces? Ha!

Disaster car?

Nah, flares maybe, but not the body side molding. Sports were usually given black molding. Something hinkey with this one. Great sales job though, wasn't it?

Looking at pics of a friend's 00 Sport; yep, painted flares, black mouldings.
The salesclown at the dealership mine came from swore it had a clean history. I realized later I had overspray on things that weren't on the chassis when it was painted; mine was as clean as that one, because most of it was fresh... ten years later I can't complain, but I still hate salesmen on general principle.

Why the hell is there no undercoating on the frame rails?

Looking at my build sheet, no mention of undercoating; dealer task, or was it a standard thing? My junk had tinted glass, PM, and that was about it. It was undercoated, although not terribly well. It doesn't even look like the underside of the chassis has been painted, whereas my junk is either white, or undercoated.

are you guys talking about the over spray in the fender wells? my '97 sport came from the factory with bits like that.

Overspray on the fender liners, which wouldn't have been on the Jeep when it was painted on the line.

It may be clean and beautiful and run forever, but something about that Jeep stinks.

Last edited:
Ya, and you know that T-case has never been serviced. Sometimes it's OK to have some oil and grease on the outside, like when your lubing the zerks.

But the underneath sure is clean.
IMG_3304.jpg

Back