• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So I jumped on "das wagen"

eflores

NAXJA Forum User
Forgiv my shitty attempt at German. Trying to be Kool like kittrell.
Since all the cool kids are doin it I picked up a b5 passat today.
Got it cheap non running. V6 30valve auto front wheel drive.
Past complaints were noisy front end and ran like shit.
PO's step dad? Said the gas was bad in it needed to drop the tank....some dumb fooker put ac delco double platinums in it where Bosch copper core plugs were supposed to be....they were fouled beyond belief.
New plugs....runs like a top.
Needs an upper control arm, engine mount thing ish and tires.....pics to come :)

Plugs don't foul up because of their brand...... Are you sure there isn't sugar or nasty varnished fuel in the tank?

Post pics of the plugs. :thumbup:

Plugs can foul because of improper application of type and heat range.

The ol' RENIX likes the standard Champion plug better than any others.

Thats the front snub mount.

Bosch and NGK platinums are the standard plugs for VW/Audi and they are very tempermental to the correct plug.

And while you're taking the front clip off you might as well and do the timing belt.

BlauParts.com is a great place to get an entire timing belt kit for a good price. They even include the coolant. You can also rent to special tools you'll need from them. I also have the tools but as I spent almost 400$ on them I'm not too privy of loaning them out. I'd work on it for you though. :D

GPRParts.com is another great source for parts.

T belt and stat were just done.....I bought it off led.....he said itnwas just done and I have no reason to doubt him
Link to spark plug info
Says it's a copper....or at least not a plat
Here's one for ya tho
P0411 secondary air injector incorrect flow.
Only code that's come back since I did the plugs

Look for cracked, broken, or disconnected air injection hoses -- They get brittle and break easily after about the 50-60k mile mark.

Well I dug through all the plastic and got down to the valve covers.
Guess I gotta go farther

Check the combi valve and SAI pump. If the pump is full of water, the combi valve went bad. Pull the hose off at the pump, if water comes out, it's done. Oh, first things first though, check the hose too.

:thumbup: What he said

heres a link to the album for rich
http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll42/bob6406/farfromgroovin/

after a little cleanup

100_0853.jpg

100_0854.jpg

ooooo sexy leather
100_0864.jpg

Forget "das wagen" .......... 'Sup with that THING? :D

Back