• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front track bar bracket question.

vickin

NAXJA Forum User
Hi,

I have a 93 xj, and I am in the process of removing the track bar because I need to replace the axle bushing. Anyway, I am positive I cannot remove the bar from the frame bracket. I have used everything. The joint will not move.

my question, I am planning on removing the bracket with bar still attached, and use a press to pop it out. When I start taking out the four bolts that secure the bracket to the frame, do I have to support the engine at all. I know those bolts are holding up the driver side mount. If so, would a jack and piece of wood under the oil pan be suffice. OR do I not need to worry about it?

thank you very much. (working on it as I write this)

Have you tried using a "pickle fork"? You can rent/borrow one from most parts stores.

oh yes... with a big mofo hammer. nothing.

I just would like to know the procedure to remove the track bar mount. I have the bolts loose and ready to go. I just do not want the engine to shift left. I just would like to know if anyone has removed the bracket before. I do not mind doing it. my press will own that pos!

Back