• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got my yellow tops

Keithmania

NAXJA Forum User
OK, so I am doing some small upgrades to my rig since it was run down and fairly anemic.
Just installed an HO head from a 1993 and while it was down I wanted to replace the fire-waiting-to-happen-injectors with some FoMoCo yellow tops. Did a lot of research on these before the install and I gotta say the research paid off. And from all the people who have said "be patient with this" all I can say is listen to this. If you try to rush it all you end up doing is destroying a whole new package of o-rings.

I used injectors from a mid mileage Mercury car with a 4.6l engine. The particular injector number was Ford P/N: FOTE-5DA or Bosch P/N: 0280150943. These are 19lbs./hr. injectors and so far are working great. While I had everything taken apart I noticed the o-rings in the fuel rail lines were starting to disintegrate so those are getting replaced too. And for those of you with Renix rigs those o-rings are a pain to locate so here is the part number: 217-3366. From ACDelco and I ordered them from RockAuto.

Just wish I could find a header premade for the Renix setup with the egr tube bung already welded in.

Next project, money allowing, will be to swap over to an OBDII setup and put a '99 intake on it. Can anyone say yay for installing a new wiring harness?

Last edited:
Just FYI, when I had my 90 XJ I had to make some changes to the EGR tube to make it so that it would fit the header and manifold. Not sure if it was just my set up but, you might ask them about that before your purchase.

Back