• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

High Steer questions please...

whitexj98

NAXJA Forum User
So in the process of front waggy 44 swap. I was going to just run the steering flipped to the top of the knuckle but ran across a set of waggy flat top knuckles for cheap so now I’m looking into high steer.

I have done some researching, just need some more info. Is this the kit I would need for the arms? It says it has a 10 degree correction, what does that mean?
http://www.partsmike.com/store/store.php?crn=204&rn=1343&action=show_detail

I have access to a mill, has any one machined their knuckles themselves? I’m not a master machinist but have used it quite a bit.

Thanks for any help,
Pete

I would spend the $75 with parts mike. Correctly milling the surface flat is critical. You want your arms as short as possible togive your steering enough throw from side to side.

the 10 degree correction is for TREs, you wont need it with heims. the machine shops local to me didnt seem confident enough to do the task so i sent out my pass side knuckle to get machined, drilled, and tapped by parts mike... got his arm and hardware also.

The 10 degree correction accounts for the inward lean of the knuckles. The surface on those arms where the TRE/heims bolt on would be perfectly horizontal when attached to the knuckles.

I'd just call up PartsMike, explain your setup and ask him what you need.

Back