• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Ebay Sensor Rant

mchulse

NAXJA Forum User
:soapbox:

Ugh, NEVER BUY AN EBAY CPS. Actually stay away from EBAY for sensors in general. Yeah they are 40% cheaper than OEM or NAPA parts but they LAST 1/12 of the average life span if they are not DOA to begin with.

Here's the logical argument:
EBAY CPS: $50 / Lifespan: 5,000 Miles (being generous)
OEM CPS: $100 / Lifespan: 60,000 Miles (not being generous)

These EBAY sensors are generally made in a factory in China that has no specialty. They could be making your sensor one day and your kids squirt gun the next day.

I'm sure this is common knowledge among many folks here but it wasn't for me. I installed an EBAY TPS on a few weeks ago and it was DOA. I put a EBAY CPS on about a 11 months ago (5000 miles?) and it's already pooped out on me leaving me stranded on the side of the road. Glad it's a relatively cheap fix but tired of fixing/paying for the same part. Learn by my mistakes.

:wstupid:

When I swapped out my gauge cluster (replaced idiot light cluster with gauge cluster), I had to buy a new Oil pressure sensor and temperature sensor. I got the aftermarket sensors. The oil sender was fine, and still going strong after 5 years. But the temperature sender was never right. Eventually I replaced it with an OEM temp sensor and it works beautifully. I think for sensors, I'll stick with OEM from now on, even though they are a high profit item for the dealers.

A good source for discounted OEM parts is http://www.moparonlineparts.com

Best of luck to all.

Sorry, but it's not Ebay.

It's the seller...if you get crap from the SELLER, you got crap. Ebay just provides the place to sell/buy.

Caveat Emptor (buyer beware)

Back